Service Your Air Conditioner in Spring | AC Maintenance
As the temperatures begin to rise and the calls for air conditioning maintenance and repairs begin rolling in, we wanted to take the time to talk about the importance of A/C maintenance.
Like any significant investment, you will want to protect and maintain your air conditioner for many years to come. Neglecting regular maintenance, such as cleaning, tightening connections, replacing filters, and checking condensate drains and refrigerant levels will leave your HVAC system vulnerable to breakdowns and inefficiencies.
- Higher Utility Costs
- Poor Indoor Air Quality
- Costly Repairs
- Premature Breakdowns
The key to a long and healthy A/C unit is annual maintenance. If something stops work in the meantime, get it repaired immediately so that it does not cause further damage down the road.
The good news for NJ homeowners is that Gold Medal Service maintains, fixes, and installs all major brands and types of air conditioners. We go through an extensive A/C maintenance checklist:
AC Maintenance Checklist:
- Check thermostat – makes sure your thermostat is accurate, away from heat sources, level, and working properly.
- Tighten all connections – checks all electrical connections, thermostat controls, contactor, and parts on motors to ensure safe operation and extend the life of your unit.
- Check condensate drain – a clogged drain can cause water damage, humidity problems, and system malfunction.
- Measure refrigerant level – if you are low on Freon or there is a leak somewhere, your technician will refill and fix it.
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils – dirty and dusty coils degrades your system and interfere with proper heat transfer.
- Clean blower components – like your coils, a dirty blower will restrict airflow and cause innefficiencies as high as 15%.
- Check vents and registers – makes sure that your vents and registsers are unobstructed and open for proper airflow.
DIY AC Maintenance:
Clean or change your air filter every month. A dirty filter creates big airflow and indoor air quality problems. If your air conditioner won’t turn on, the first thing you should check is your air filter. Have multiple filter backups and write the date on the filter itself so you know exactly how long it has been since your last filter change.
The best way to keep up with your home maintenance is to sign up for a Maintenance Service Plan. Signing up for the Gold Medal Total Care Club provides you with preventative maintenance for all your heating and cooling equipment to ensure your home operates at peak efficiency.
There is no better way to protect your investment. We also cover plumbing and electrical!
- $2,600 in money-saving coupons
- Discounted emergency service
- No service fee to come to your home
- Check-ups - Plumbing, HVAC, and Electric
- Live technical assistance
- Loyally credit dollars
- Annual clean and check of equipment
- Priority scheduling
- 24-hour emergency service
- No overtime fees
- 15% discount
- Transferable to a new home
- No risk 100% money-back guarantee
- Safe and efficient equipment operation
- Better comfort and peace of mind
DON'T SETTLE... CALL GOLD MEDAL!
To schedule a/c maintenance, contact the professionals at Gold Medal Service. We'll be there with our same day service guarantee to tune up your home cooling system. All of our technicians are highly trained, background checked, and drug tested.
Give us a call today at (732) 365-3199 or schedule an appointment online!