Keep Your Curious Child Safe from Electrical Dangers
One of the biggest concerns as a parent is protecting your child from harm, and a great way to ease the worry is by childproofing the electrical equipment in your home.
- Always secure unused outlets. A few options include outlet covers or simply rearranging your furniture. You can also purchase safety covers for power strips.
- Place electrical devices such as DVD players on a shelf and out of reach.
- Bathroom and kitchen appliances such as hair dryers or toasters should be kept hight up and out of reach.
- Tie all electrical wires together, making it difficult for a child’s hand to grasp them.
- Conduct regular electrical inspections to keep your system up to code.
Schedule an appointment with Gold Medal for an expert electrical inspection today!