Black Friday Gift Ideas for the Home: Gold Medal Service Deals
Want a gift that keeps on giving? Buying energy-efficient products and services to lower your energy use and utility bills.
By purchasing energy-efficient products, like LEDs, HVAC systems, and low-flow plumbing fixtures, you not only lower your home's energy consumption but also improve comfort at the same time. Most, though, you'll save money.
Black Friday Gift Ideas for the Home
HERE ARE SOME BLACK FRIDAY GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR HOME:
Home Maintenance Plan
These seasonal inspections ensure that your heating and cooling systems are safe, clean, and energy-efficient. Most manufacturer warranties even require this annual maintenance.
It may not be the first thing you think of for a gift, but home service maintenance plans are one of the best things you can get for your loved ones.
Your technician will examine all of your electrical and plumbing connections, replace faulty wiring, lubricate moving parts, clean assemblies, and more.
Having a professional clean your furnace and check for safety hazards is essential for your peace of mind. Make sure you also have carbon monoxide detectors installed on every floor of the home and outside of each sleeping area (remember to test these devices every 30 days).
Show your loved ones you care by contacting Gold Medal Service for regular home maintenance.
EnergyStar and WaterSense Appliances
If you are shopping for appliances this Black Friday, there are plenty of online and in-store deals. Just remember to look for the ENERGYSTAR or WATERSENSE label so you know that you are purchasing an energy-efficient unit.
All ENERGYSTAR products and appliances meet strict standards set by the Department of Energy. If you replaced all of your appliances with ENERGYSTAR ones, you could lower your monthly utility bill by around 35%!
If you are shopping in a store, ask the salesperson to show you only appliances that have the yellow and black ENERGYSTAR label (lower right-hand corner). The logo indicates that the appliance is more energy-efficient than standard models.
The label will provide important information regarding the energy efficiency of that product, along with comparisons to similar products. More energy-efficient products tend to cost more upfront, but the savings you will experience over its lifespan will easily make up for the different. With big, expensive purchases like cars, houses, HVAC systems, and electrical equipment, you want to think long-term.
It's not just the upfront costs that you have to worry about-there is the cost of maintenance and the cost of operation as well. If you are looking for large appliances on the lower end of the price spectrum, you may want to rethink your strategy. You may feel smart on day one, but what about year one?
Programmable and Smart Thermostats
If you have a friend or family member that still uses an old, analog thermostat, consider purchasing a new programmable or smart thermostat for them.
Some programmable thermostat benefits include:
- Save money. According to the Department of Energy, turning your thermostat back 10°-15°F for eight hours day will save 10 percent a year on heating and cooling bills. Automatic settings make it easy to schedule in savings while you’re away from home.
- Easy to use. Once you set it to your liking, you can forget it until you have to make a change.
- Adjust the temperature when no one is home. We recommend setting the the thermostat to 60°F or lower in the winter, and 85°F or higher in the summer (when your family is away at work and school). Gradually lower the thermostat at night to see how far you can go without somebody complaining.
- Make long distance adjustments. If you forgot to set your thermostat before leaving, many model can now be accessed and controlled through the internet. You can enter in your changes on your phone or computer from wherever you are in the world.
- Unique features. There are many different features available to you, including child-locks, vent control, WiFi access, machine-learning, and more. Call Gold Medal Service to walk you through all of your smart and programmable thermostat options.
Gold Medal Service can recommend smart and programmable thermostats that will save you money and energy every month.
Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Do you know an allergy-sufferer in need of improved indoor air quality? Winter is the perfect time to make improvements.
Here are some indoor air quality gift ideas:
- Free Home Evaluations: With a free home evaluation including an examination of the air conditioning/heating filtration system, technicians can pinpoint areas open for improvement and discuss all options available that will suit a variety of budgets.
- Filter Upgrade: We can replace filters with updated HEPA filters that will filter out even the smallest of particles including pollen.
- Air Purification System Installation: A whole house air purification system offers optimal air filtration and air quality inside the home. We will not only install the system, but we can also perform yearly maintenance and services on the system as well.
- Whole-Home Humidifier/Dehumidifier Installation: Too much humidity in the home can promote the growth of fungi, mold and even dust mites - particularly in cooling systems. Whole home humidifiers/dehumidifiers can reduce risks for fungi, mold and dust mites, while maintaining the moisture in the air at comfortable levels.
Amazon is currently a great deal on the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology (
$349.99 $208.42). Although we can’t personally vouche for the product, it gets great reviews on online. If it actually does what it claims, you don’t want to pass this deal up:
- True HEPA Filtration captures 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet dander and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- Washable advanced odor control carbon filter especially formulated to capture offensive pet odors as well as smoke, cooking and other household odors.
- Washable Pre-Filter extends the life to your filter by capturing Pet Hair and larger airborne particles.
- PlasmaWave technology attacks pollutants at a molecular level to neutralize viruses, bacteria, odors, and gases in the air
- Smart Sensors with Auto-Mode. Odor, Dust and Light Sensors automatically adjust your air cleaner settings to meet the needs of your environment.
Bath Planet Remodel
Gold Medal Service, an official Bath Planet dealer, can create your dream bathroom thanks to Bath Planet. Don't forget, Bath Planet has an excellent tool for designing your dream bathroom online!
Surprise someone with a new bathroom in 1 DAY or LESS:
- Accessible bathtubs and showers
- Wall surrounds in a large selection of styles
- Walk-in-tubs and barrier free showers
- Shower and bath accessories
- Multiple styles, colors, and textures
- One-Day remodeling
- Materials are easy to clean
Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical Gift Ideas
Plumbing Gift Ideas
- Low-Flow Plumbing Fixtures
- Hands-Free Faucets
- Water Conditioners and Water Softeners
- Sump Pump
- Bathroom Remodeling
- Kitchen Remodeling
- Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater
- Tankless Water Heater
HVAC Gift Ideas
- New Furnace
- New A/C
- Home Zoning Solutions
- Humidification Systems
- Air Cleaners and Purifiers
- Duct Cleaning and Sealing
- Programmable Thermostats
- Vacuum Cleaners (with HEPA filtration)
Electrical Gift Ideas
- Light Timers
- Ceiling Fans
- HUE Light Bulbs (and alternatives)
If you have any questions, give us a call at (732) 365-3199. We have a team of technicians and a live call center standing by 24/7 to help you with any question or problem you may have.
If you have further questions about home heating mistakes, how to save money on heating bills, or general home safety and efficiency, we'll be glad to answer any of your questions!
To schedule heating maintenance/repair or installation, contact the professionals at Gold Medal Service. We'll be there with our same day service guarantee to fix your hot water heater.
Give us a call today at (732) 365-3199 or schedule an appointment online!